Have you gotten tired of scrolling through red carpet photos of Deepika Padukone yet? Neither have we. And you better believe our jaws dropped when we caught a glimpse of Deepika’s all-black look at GQ Best Dressed in Mumbai on Saturday. It’s arguably the shortest outfit we’ve ever seen Deepika wear, and the extra extra large sheer blouse and a long, romantic braid added a lot of drama to the look.
It’s always fun to see what Deepika will wear on the red carpet, especially when she steps out in an ultra-high fashion outfit: Who can forget her Cannes Film Festival dresses? Deepika’s been favouring bold dresses this season, but we’re declaring her latest short and sexy Balmain and Saint Laurent outfit as the winner. It’s the perfect combination of sultry and couture-weird.
Call us lovers of a statement sleeve, but wow, Deepika’s outfit is killer. Those see-through, extravagant, cape-like sleeves look as sultry and mysterious as can be, especially when paired with a plunging neckline and vertical stripes.
Deepika’s uber-short black shorts contrast beautifully with her feminine top and give her legs for days — as if the tall actor needed that. Crafted from butter-soft black leather, her leg-lengthening shorts came with a high-waisted fit, side-slit pockets and was gently pleated at the front to add a touch of volume.
Deepika let the outfit do all the talking because she kept her accessories simple-yet-striking. The star styled her look with sparkly earrings that had a slight princess-y feel and paired it with matching exaggerated cuffs and rings, all from Araya Fine Jewelry, Louboutin pumps and the sleekest and the simplest sheer black stockings.
She also added a very calculated bit of quirkiness with an ultra-long braided ponytail hairstyle. And it’s stunning in a badass kind of way. Truly.
Now we know, where there is a red carpet/party, expect Deepika to show up ready to have some fun.
But it’s not the first time Deepika’s turned heads in an incredible all-black look. Below, we’ve counted half a dozen Deepika looks over the past few months which demonstrate that there are countless ways to wear all-black without repeating a look. Check it out:
1. In May 2018, for her final Cannes 2018 look, Deepika chose a black floor-sweeping Marcell von Berlin gown with long, cape-sleeves and a plunging neckline.
2. In April 2018, Deepika looked gorgeous in a custom-made Amit Aggarwal black gown that featured a trail and exaggerated embellished ruffles that ran along her bodice.
3. In January 2018, Deepika wore a black organza saree from Sabyasachi Mukherjee, with her black full-sleeve hand-embroidered blouse elevating her low-key saree.
4. In November 2017, Deepika wowed in another Sabyasachi saree — this time an achingly simple yet stunning sequenced black-and-gold saree, which showed off her svelte figure beautifully.
5. In May 2017, Deepika wore a short mesh Self Portrait dress, which is perfect for an evening out.
6. In March 2017, Deepika turned heads in bold and contemporary Milly separates — playful high-waisted trousers with ruffled flare and a high-impact cold shoulder top.