PROMPT BY AUTHOR
I didn’t think I would ever fall in love again. I know that everyone says that after a heartbreak, but the difference is that I’m not heartbroken. I’m not cynical, or pessimistic, or sad. I’m just someone who once felt something bigger than anything else I’d ever felt and when I lost it, I honestly believed I would never have that again. But… I was 22 then and life is long. And I’m feeling things right now that I haven’t in a long, long time.
RULES BY THE AUTHOR
1. Write about the past, lead up to the present.
2. Continue and finish in the present.
3. End with a twist in the last paragraph!
WRITE INDIA RULES
1. Read carefully the passage provided by the author. You can use it anywhere in your story.
2. Each author has provided some rules. If your story does not abide by the rules, it shall be considered disqualified.
3. DO NOT tamper the Author passage. Entries with ‘split’ passage or with any kind of change in the passage will be disqualified.
4. Stick to a minimum of 1500 words and a maximum of 3000 words.
5. The story must be written in English. Be careful with your editing, grammar and punctuation. Though we are primarily looking for good storytellers, language skill will strengthen your case in case of a tie.
6. Please submit your story before or on the last day of the contest for it to be considered. Only entries submitted till midnight of every 30th will be considered.
7. If you send more than one entry, please remember we will be considering only the last one sent.
8. DO NOT upload or email scanned or JPEG files of your story. Such entries will be disqualified.